The El Paso Times began publication in the spring of 1881 as a weekly newspaper operated by M.W. Carrico & Co. It became a daily paper in 1882 and added Associated Press wire service in 1883. After changing hands several times, the Times was purchased from H. D. Slater in 1928 by Dorrance Roderick and Lindsay Nunn. Nunn sold his interest in 1930, and Dorrance Roderick was the publisher even after the newspaper became part of the Gannett chain in 1972. The Times had a joint operating agreement with the El Paso Herald-Post, an afternoon newspaper, from 1936 until 1997, when the Herald-Post ceased operation. Contains clipping files, photographic prints, negatives, correspondence, press releases, pamphlets, and other publications. Subjects include El Paso streets, historical events, El Paso businesses, military affairs on the U.S.-Mexico border, points of interest in the El Paso area, newspaper publishing in El Paso, and individuals, including, among others, José Cisneros, S.L. A. Marshall, R. E. Thomason, and Mabel Welch. Materials were purged from the El Paso Times Library’s clipping files in their library in 1991, at which point the librarian, Judy Soles, offered the discards to Ann Massmann, Acting Head of Special Collections, UTEP Library.